Re: [seul-edu] Re: Unified Front...

On Thursday 25 April 2002 10:49, Alan Chen wrote:
- - -snip - - -
> I don't mean to discourage you, but the reality is that school
> organizations require commercial support. Even if the software is free,
> schools expect to have someone on a support contract who is required
> to help fix any problems encounted.

Hi:  Oh, OK.  One contract coming up.  $1 per year, or donation of an amount
school chooses, and a pair of eyes to take responsibility.  This could be a
nonprofit organization dedicated to fulfilling the "business requirements".
Other than that, I suspect nothing would change, in the "model".  What do you
think?
Thanks,
Tom Poe
Reno, NV