Re: [seul-edu] Re: ISO

"Stephen C. Daukas" wrote:

> We should put together a structure for tracking feedback from the
> participant teachers, as well as techies, etc., etc.  We could use CVS for
> this, but I'm not sure what mechanisms we have to play with, who can host
> what, etc...  A web site is a good thing, as has been suggested, and I have
> the resources of a very active LUG, an engineering university, as well as
> my exam school for gifted students to draw from...
>
> I am happy to see what I can do in terms of infrastructure and a technical
> staff (so to speak).  I do have experience in similar efforts (I used to be
> one of the technical directors for OMG, the folks who brought the world
> CORBA, etc..  We had 800 member companies that all contributed to technical
> conferences and other efforts...).  A good friend of mine, who founded the
> LUG I'm thinking of, does some Open Source work for Linux now, so I'm sure
> he can set-up the necessaries blindfolded.

This sounds like a good direction to pursue.  SEUL has a robust CVS setup, along
with numerous other available services.  Roger (the SEUL leader) is quite
amenable to reasonable requests for additions, and even occasionally listens to
unreasonable ones (hi, Roger!).  But if others want to contribute resources
toward the effort, we'll certainly accept them.

> I'm heading to Canada tomorrow, so I won't be able to respond further until
> Monday.  Think of me as a resource for getting this put together!   If the
> powers that be want to contact me, just shoot me an email and I'll forward
> all of my contact info...

"Powers that be?"  That'd be you, me, Tom Poe, and everyone else planning to
work on this.