Re: [seul-edu] Re: ISO

On Fri, Apr 26, 2002 at 11:57:01AM -0400, Doug Loss wrote:
> This sounds like a good direction to pursue.  SEUL has a robust CVS setup, along
> with numerous other available services.  Roger (the SEUL leader) is quite
> amenable to reasonable requests for additions, and even occasionally listens to
> unreasonable ones (hi, Roger!).  But if others want to contribute resources
> toward the effort, we'll certainly accept them.

Yeah, I can set stuff up if people need it. My impression though is that
the page Les made (http://richtech.ca/seul/) can handle feedback just
fine, so we should just use it. CVS would be overkill, in the sense that
most people wouldn't know how to use it so it would just turn into a mess.

We can use anonymous ftp for uploading packages to moria, or you can
just send Doug a url and he can wget the package.

Do you actually need any more infrastructure than that? The stumbling
point is actually sitting down to evaluate the packages; the rest should
be kept really simple.

As for actually building the iso once we've got the directory structure
and files for what will go on it, the 'mkisofs' command works just fine
these days, eg,
mkisofs -r -J -o linuxforkids.iso /mirror/ftp/linuxforkids/

--Roger