Re: [seul-edu] New projects page

tom poe wrote:

> On Friday 26 April 2002 15:56, Douglas Loss wrote:
>
>>If we later get
>>the educational support materials for LUGs project going, we can put a
>>link to its page there too.
>>

> Hi:  How hard would it be to add the page at this point?  I'm thinking a page
> that would let LUG's post an acknowledgement that they are on board with this
> project.  If the page were there, as the active perl users' group in Reno,
> we'd sign up.  Maybe it could be a simple form that says fill in LUG and
> email address.  Someone could follow up to confirm a personal contact, and
> they'd be posted to the list.  This would tie in well with a momentum builder
> and marketing strategy, maybe?

Here's a tasklist we came up with over a year ago at LinuxWorld NYC:

http://www.seul.org/edu/tasklist.html

We've made good progress on some of them, while others are just
getting started (you'll see some things that sound a lot like the ISO
project there).  A couple of tasks listed talk about contacting LUGs
and developing materials for them.  We could put something together in
fairly short order for LUGs to register on, but I'm afraid we don't
have the resources to support two intensive development projects at
this time.  I'd hate for a bunch of LUGs to register with us and then
not hear anything for months.  It wouldn't help our credibility at all.

Having said that, anyone who speaks up and takes an active part in the
work we've laid out is part of the project.  If you've got folks who
are excited about this, sign them up!

--
Doug Loss          As long as I have you there is just
drloss@suscom.net  one other thing I'll always need--