RE: [seul-edu] Comprehensive Student Management System

On Thu, 31 Aug 2000, Raybould, Kevin wrote:

> I think I hear you say that you believe the program would be
> more useful
> (assuming that we don't have the resources to build it cross
> platform from
> the beginning) to build a Linux X version first, as its more
> likely that
> systems moving to Linux already would choose to make use of
> it?
>
> If that is the case, then I would be forced to agree - it is
> probably better
> to build a Linux centric one first.

It doesn't have to be either/or.  Take a look at wxWindows:

http://www.wxwindows.org/

and FOX:

http://www.cfdrc.com/FOX/fox.html

Both of these toolkits/APIs make development of cross-platform
GUI clients considerably easier.

--
Doug Loss           The art of medicine consists of amusing the
dloss@suscom.net    patient while nature cures the disease.