Re: [seul-edu] School count

On Sun, 19 Aug 2001, you wrote:
> How many schools out there actually use linux? at least a linux server? I
> know Mr Lehman's school in Manhattan does. but which other schools do?
>
> I am trying to write a proposal for introdicing Linux into schools, and
> have been asked to write one to present. I don't know how to write
> one. Does anyone have any suggestions or templates on how to write such a
> thing? How would you present this to your school?
> I would appreciate any help on the matter!
>
> Jennifer

Greetings Miss Jennifer,

Concordia University Wisconsin is making more use of Linux this year.  The
Computer Science department has installed RedHat 7.1 in the general purpose lab
and in the programming / hardware classroom.  The advanced software
applications class will be exposed to StarOffice and K-Office as well as their
other operating system counterparts.  The programming languages class will be
using Linux to write a number of "Hello, world!" programs.  The database class
will use MySql and Perl.  Meanwhile we are using a Slackware 7.0 server for
handling NIS and NFS, one print server, and a couple of web servers.  In the
winter interim semester we will probably offer Linux adminstration or advanced
administration to build on last January's admin class.

Not a bad infiltration into a Microsoft shop by a professor who has been there
one year and 2 days.

--
jeff williams - cfiaime@nconnect.net
		jeff.williams@cuw.edu