recommended reading - was RE: [seul-edu] School count

On Wed, 22 Aug 2001, you wrote:
> That's the case for many schools. For some reason they want to "Buy the
> best" and not pay any one to take care of it. Many times school teachers who
> are given the duties to take care of the network end up learning skills that
> earn them better pay elsewhere.

Greetings kind people,

I am working an a Ph.D. in Educational Technology from Kansas State University
 One of the first books I read as part of my first class in the program was
"Failure to Connect" by Jane Healey.  You may also want to read "Silicon Snake
Oil" by Clifford Stoll.  Provides food for thought.

Shannon Spurling hit the nail in the head with the paragraph posted above.

When we are planning educational infrastructure, we MUST develop an ongoing
maintenance and training plan.  Ought not 50 percent of our educational
computing budget go for teacher training and support?

--
jeff williams - cfiaime@nconnect.net
		jeff.williams@cuw.edu