Re: Fw: Re: [seul-edu] School count

There is a growing Linux movement in Missouri schools.  We have several
school districts that have gone completely Linux or some flavor of Unix for
all their servers.  Some made presentations to their board, some didn't.

I now have 4 linux servers in my district at Cameron, MO.  I didn't ask
anyone if I could do that, I just put them in.  Most users don't care or
even understand anything about servers as long as they work and do what
they need them to do.  I plan to change all 10 of the servers in my
district to Linux during the next year.

I've dealt with Novell servers, NT and Windows 2000 servers.  After the
initial learning curve, Linux is just easier to deal with, but then, I'm
and old DOS guy and love the command line prompt.  I'm just beginning to
use KDE and Gnome for administrative purposes.