Re: [seul-edu] Linux in Universities

Doug Loss wrote:
> Here at Bloomsburg we use Linux for our main campus webservers (dual
> servers...  I know the CS department is working on
> setting up a Beowulf cluster in one or another of its courses.  One of
> the profs in the Geography dept. was usnig a Linux system for some
> satellite imaging he was doing with NASA.  Another prof in the CS dept.
> is running sparc Linux on an old Sun workstation.  As I say, there are
> probably more systems around that I'm not aware of.  And I'm sure some
> of our students are running Linux systems in their dorm rooms.  If you
> like, I'll try to get more accurate information from the CS and CIS
> departments about what they're doing with Linux.

What I'm most interested in are
1) Does the main IT department helpdesk web page mention Linux?
2) Does the main IT department helpdesk offer Linux installation?
3) Are there any explicit "Introduction to Linux" or "Linux System
Administration"
   classes (credit or noncredit)?

Although CS students are very important here, I'm looking for evidence
of
more widespread adoption of Linux.

Thanks!
- Dan