Ok. Here are the basics for using the seul CVS repository for seul-edu
applications. You can read some of this in greater detail from
http://www.seul.org/dev/ under the 'Documentation' section in the left
column. In particular, check out the 'ssh and cvs' document for how to
use cvs/ssh with seul, and the 'intro to cvs' document for, well, a really
basic intro to CVS.

Here's the short summary if you already know cvs:

* You need an account on cran.seul.org. Send me mail if you don't have
  one. Be sure to indicate desired username.

* Checkout the 'edu' tree ('cvs checkout edu'). You can check it out
  either onto cran itself or onto your local machine via the CVSROOT
  variable (see above docs if you want reference). Then you'll have the
  seul-edu tree locally, and you can do cvs things as normal.

* If you want scratch space that is accessible by other developers, you
  should make a directory with name equal to your username. That way people
  can keep straight who's working on what, and share files easily.

* As for the hierarchy of actual dev projects, whoever starts the project
  should decide, or Doug can declare how the cvs repo will be organized.
  Either way.

* Anything you put in edu/html/ will show up in http://www.seul.org/edu/ a
  few minutes after you commit it. You can use this to make personal
  webpages, sub-project webpages, edit the main seul-edu index page, etc. I
  can give people space in /home/ftp/pub/seul/edu/ on cran when they need
  it.

* Whenever anybody does a cvs add or cvs commit, mail gets sent to the
  seul-commits@seul.org mailing list, describing the change and showing
  their changelog. This is a good way to keep in sync with who's working on
  what. Let me know if you want to be added to this list. (If you're a
  developer, you probably do.)

Thanks, and let me know if you have any questions. My goal here is to make
sure the infrastructure works so you guys can get some dev work done.

--Roger