XML in education

Hello and Happy New (Julian?) Year

Thanks to Roger, I can now post my stuff on a reliable server.

Check out http://cran.mit.edu/~vernier/teresa/Thesis.html
 for an html version of Teresa's Thesis on XML in education

Check out http://cran.mit.edu/~vernier/workshop for notes I used for a
presentation on XML in education dec 21, 1998

and there are some as-yet un-annotated goodies (XML in education conversions
from various doc8 files on the net) in http://cran.mit.edu/teresa

After grinding my brain against the DOM and XML::Parser and Grove for PERL,
I chanced upon sgrep (structured grep) which has recently been improved to
handle XML elegantly.

http://www.cs.helsinki.fi/~jjaakkol/sgrep.html

this is by far the fastest way I have come across of doing queries on large
XML databases.  And with indexing, it is even faster than fast!

<xmlGeek/>
Veilleur Technologique
Bruno Vernier