Re: any OSS text mode word processors?

> Does anybody know of Open Source text mode WPs for Linux/Unix? Even if
> Sorry, I don't count vim, emacs, groff, TeX, lout, etc as WPs. I use
> some of these very successfully, but a WP has to be WYSINWYG.

How can it be text mode, and WYSIWYG?  Even the early versions of WordPerfect
wouldn't have fit that definition.  Is it ok, by your definition, to edit a
doc in text mode and then press a "preview" key to see what it looks like?
If that's ok, then a combination of Emacs/LaTeX would work pretty well.

Rumor has it that coming versions of Emacs will have word formatting
capability,
but I know nothing more on the subject.

Duane