Re: EDUML v0.4 & Language Support

Agree with no esperanto. At least in Taiwan, most try to develop fluency in
Mandarin Chinese, Taiwanese, and English.

We would like to develop a translation center here. What we could use is a list
of key documents which should be translated. That is, the translation work is
not difficult. What is difficult is knowing what to translate. Would it be
feasible to have a list of documents which have a high priority for translation.
Any ideas on this?

Cordially,
S. Barret Dolph
Headmaster
White Horse English
Development Center
Taipei Taiwan

Doug Loss wrote:

> Roman Suzi wrote:
> >
> > >My knowledge is definitely rustier than I thought.  We should seriously
> > >get a fluent esperantist to do these.
> >
> > Oh, my... It is not top priority, I guess!!!  WHy not to use english names
> > for tags? Who will see those tags anyway if frontends will translate them?
> >
> I agree with Roman on this.  Although Esperanto sounds as though it will
> be more easily understandable by non-native English speakers, I suspect
> what it will actually mean is that the tags would be equally confusing
> for everyone.  There's a reason that English and not Esperanto is the
> language used internationally by air traffic controllers.  It's
> universally taught, and if someone doesn't understand the meaning of a
> particular tag he or she is a lot more likely to be able to find an
> English-speaker to explain it than to find an Esperantist.
>
> --
> Doug Loss                 It is impossible to imagine Goethe
> Data Network Coordinator  or Beethoven being good at billiards
> Bloomsburg University     or golf.
> dloss@bloomu.edu                H. L. Mencken
begin:vcard
n:Dolph;S. Barret
tel;fax:022-937-6633
tel;work:022-937-6633
x-mozilla-html:TRUE
url:http://www.angelfire.com/on/WhiteHorse/index.html
org:White Horse English Development Center
version:2.1
email;internet:White129@ms7.hinet.net
title:Mr. S. Barret Dolph
adr;quoted-printable:;;#1 Bao Yi Road, Lane 26, #1=0D=0AWen Shan Area Mucha District;Taipei;;;Taiwan
fn:White Horse English Development Center
end:vcard