Attendance and Homeroom

On Tue, Dec 15, 1998 at 06:46:59AM +0100, Bill Tihen wrote:

> It just occured to me that I don't remember seeing a homeroom teacher and a
> homeroom class number for the student record.  My school needs an

I think of a homeroom class as an instance of <course> as in <course
id="homeroom201"> ... it won't need as many of the optional sub-tags as a
classic course like math12 and I can't think of any tags unique to it...
attendance is proposed to be a type of educational activity (presence)
called  <act id="attendance">

> attendance program.  At the moment everything is done by hand.  So I would
> be willing to beta test an attendance program.  But it would have to have
> the homeroom teacher at least.  And probably password access for each
> homeroom teacher since they would be responsible for tracking their
> students.

I like the idea and could use such a program as well.  I don't think
password should be a tag in EDUML but rather a feature of the
EDUML-compliant programs themselves.

Bruno