OK: No EO and instead Locale Tag?

Re: Esperanto Tags!

Wow, this has been the most passionate thread since the start of seul-edu!
... and it looks as if everyone agrees: no esperanto tags.

I agree now that Esperanto does not make sense at this time and for this
particular application.  All the other aspects of programming discussed here
are in english, which is the lingua franca of programming these days.

Nonetheless, I know that some of the XML tools extract the tag names and
display them to the end user for tree-views and data entry forms and such.

In that case, the tags would be visible to the end-user... ouch!  I believe
XML itself can still internationalize EDUML; by using tags for optional
local tagnames right after the start of <edu:ml> ... leaving it up to
programmers to make use of these as replacement field names in forms and
headers... if they want internationalisation in their programs.

maybe something optional like:

<edu:ml>
 <locale>
  <school fr="ecole" es="escuela">  // (fr=french es=espanol)
  <snail en="address" fr="adresse"> // (en=english)
  <phone fr="tel">
  <fax eo="faksimilo">              // (eo=esperanto)
  <name fr="nom" es="nombre">
  </locale>

 <school id="vc">                   // main body of data using english tags

Bruno