Re: Bascom

Douglas Ort wrote:

> I can provide a draft of the kind of letter you want.  I've been out for a
> while with knee surgery and haven't been following the list too closely.
> Much pain.  Much better now.  Someone tell me who the letter goes to, who is
> being introduced, why we want them to know about us, and who signs
> (presumably on behalf of the group).  I'll get on this.

Thanks, Douglas.  It should probably go to Robert DeRosa, BASCOM's Chief
Technology Officer, or to Peter Cirasole, their President.  The address
is :

Bascom Global Internet Services, Inc.
855-L Conklin Street
Farmingdale, New York 11735

We're introducing SEUL in general, and our Linux in education project in
particular.  Why we want them to know about us is still a bit nebulous.
I'd say that a brief description of a few of our projects (most
particularly EDUML and the various administrative programs we're talking
about to work with it) and how they might want to keep track of what
we're doing would be in order.  Let them know that the programs we
develop under the SEUL umbrella will be GPLed.  Presumably (since they
already work with Linux) they'll know what that means.  As to who signs,
probably Roger, Bob, or me; but it would be nice to include the name and
home country of anyone on this list who wishes to be included somewhere
in the text of the letter.

--
Doug Loss                 It is impossible to imagine Goethe
Data Network Coordinator  or Beethoven being good at billiards