Project management on seul question(s)

On Tue, 15 Dec 1998, Wil Langford wrote:

>If I know about you as a project leader, then you should have received an
>email from me about 12 hours ago.  If you didn't get such an email, then
>you probably aren't on my list.  Let me know at wil@seul.org right away so
>that I can add you and your project.
>
>If anybody wants to put a page on seul.org regarding their project, but
>doesn't have the knowledge/time to fiddle with web pages, let me know what
>you need.  I'm more than happy to do anything from advise you on specific
>web issues (within the range of my ability) to the complete creation and
>maintenance of the web page.  Especially in the next few weeks until
>classes start up again, I'll have quite a bit of time.
>
>I think Douglas has a good point here regarding publicly available
>snapshots of a project.  I know that my personal favorite part of
>development sites is the screen shot page.  :)

Hi, Wil!

Thank you for support!

I have several questions concerning QZB project-homing on seul.

1) I haven't managed cvs-tree before. (Only rcs)  So,  I  don't
know how to submit things to it.

2) What current info is needed to keep project web-page  up  to
date (as you have 12 projects, its probably  already  automated
and formalised somehow, so  it  will  not  need  much  of  your
attention)

3) Can you specify which places I must submit project info,  in
what form and how often?

4) Will it be possible to add cgi-scripts  (working  prototypes
of QZB)? (I know that CGI is a painful security issue, and  any
sane admin looks into CGI-scripts before putting  them  on  the
web)

(I will have a working "model" of QZB soon. Unfortunately, only
model which will look and act as QZB, but will be just  special
case: I can't figure out yet how to organize client/server in a
better way...)

5) Is there any GNU Developer Starter Kit: "dummy" project with
all accessories like (GPL) LICENSE, makefile.in, aclocal.m4 and
whatnot which will help to  start?  Has  anybody  seen  such  a
thing?

(If it doesn't exist, its a good idea to create one ;-)

*

In short, is there any instruction of what it means  to  have  a
project homed at seul?

(Other project-leaders could be interested too, I guess)

I am sorry: I have very time/cost constrained access to WWW, so
I can't surf seul www ins and outs, only specific URLs.

*

As Linus Torvalds says, "show me your code!"

And I feel more and more uncomfortable that I have  not  showed
anything yet :-(
If not this  feeling,  I'd  like  to  personally  d/l  complete
seul-edu archive and digest it, selecting only ideas and useful
URLs: and put this "seul-edu-Gold" to the web! Have you noticed
that we have a great idea  fontain  here  since  seul-edu  list
started?

(How much is complete seul-edu  archive,  by  the  way?  Is  it
available  as  one   tar-ball?   My   guesstimate:   200-300Kb,
compressed)

Sincerely yours,
Roman A. Suzi

 -- Petrozavodsk -- Karelia -- Russia --