EDUML, the Launchpad, and Timeframes

Here are a few more things I've been thinking...

EDUML:  Tags should be added to store the students' progress in any
number of educational applications that he/she uses.  This is for the
Launchpad, but now that I mention it, it seems as though EDUML would
eliminate the need for the launchpad!  The edu apps could write to the
EDUML store directly instead of having the LP do it.  This would
probably be more flexible, and possibly allow apps to make up their own
tags.

Here's where I envision us heading.  We really do need some more
direction here, so perhaps a leader should jump in and correct me and/or
help this move along:

 * A sample EDUML application we can pull code from.  Preferrable date:
Dec 20
 * EDUML 1.0 final specification.  Early February
 * Sample Implementation (SI) of common tools including a Gradebook, an
attendance record, possibly other things.  February-March, maybe into
April and May for some things
 * Get the word out about EDUML.  Make sure educators and software
developers know about it.  Try to make it an accepted standard.
February-March
 * SEUL-developed tutor-style programs (simple math, language,
whatever).  February-June
 * SEUL-developed Edutainment programs.  March-September

What do you think?