Edu Howto Followup

Our English school here in Taiwan has decided to move to LINUX.

We will be upgrading our old and deteriorating Pentium 100s (5 of them).

We will be purchasing new computers as well. This is where we would
appreciate some help in planning. I myself ran LINUX a little bit back 3
years ago before I came to Taiwan, but mostly I played with OS/2 then. I
have experience being a user on UNIX networks (I have a minor in
computer science, but I have no Experience setting it all up.

Goal:
Have a Local Area network with all computers in the network.
Allow all users to have their own space on the network (account).
Have 8 Stations in the computer room, with 4 more (1 in each classroom).
(the 4 in classrooms would probably be the old P100s)

We of course need security set up so our students (9-13 year old kids)
don't go mucking about in the system the way they did when we had Win95
set up (this is our primary reason for getting away from Win95, it was
always such a mess if we let the kids do anything without supervision,
we need the system to limit their access, and make sure they aren't
deleting each other's files or screwing them up. Most importantly we
can't have them bringing in virus laced disks. We kind of figure 9-13
year
old Taiwanese kids will have a lot harder time finding viruses to bring
to our system if it LINUX)

Mostly the students will simply be using Netscape Composer to write up
documents and at the end of a project combine theirs with the other
classmate's documents to form a web page.  I know Composer isn't the
best
way to edit and make web pages, but for 9-13 year olds, it is the
simplest.

For the time being we don't want to put the network on the Internet. But
perhaps by summer if all goes well we will go ahead and get a T1
connection into the school and set up a web server so the students can
access their work from home.

So, the question is, how do we set this up under LINUX? Any suggestions
on hardware? Such as network cards, what the File Server should look
like, etc.

Our URL: http://www.angelfire.com/on/WhiteHorse/
begin:vcard
n:Glenn;Daniel