White Horse

S. Barret Dolph
Headmaster
White Horse English
Development Center
Taipei Taiwan
writes:
>We would. We have just started a program which has several goals.
>•Use our school as a showcase for what Linux can do for business in a Chinese
enviroment.
>•Organize, develop, and work with local users to develop a library of Linux
documents translated into Chinese.
>•Teach our children how to use computers, on Linux based machines.
>•Find ways to test, document, beta, whatever, programs available.

>Agree with no esperanto. At least in Taiwan, most try to develop fluency in
>Mandarin Chinese, Taiwanese, and English.

>We would like to develop a translation center here. What we could use is a
list
>of key documents which should be translated. That is, the translation work is
>not difficult. What is difficult is knowing what to translate. Would it be
>feasible to have a list of documents which have a high priority for
translation.
>Any ideas on this?

Barret,
I pulled these posts together so that I could focus on the whole picture.
Let's see if I've got the picture correct. The goal is to develop a library of
Linux documents translated into Chinese. The purpose I assume is to provide
help in the installation and use of the Linux operating system and Linux
applications. Also information like, "Why use Linux in a business environment"
could be useful. The problem is knowing what to translate. I will work with
you to solve this problem. Stumbling around, I came across the Chinese LInux
Documentation Project (http://www.linux.org.tw/CLDP). It appears to be
connected to the Taiwan Linux Users Group you mentioned. Since I can't read
it, perhaps you could tell me if it meets any of your needs. Then we can see
where to go from there.

I'm assuming Daniel Glenn is involved in the same project. By the way I really
liked the white horse on your web site. It must have some significance or
meaning. I saw the two posts replying to the hardware/software issues you
asked about. I will see what additional information I can get you.

1999 The Year Of Linux
Make It Happen

Bob