[seul-edu] Grade input software

I have started planning the interface to simplify the
grade input into our school database.  However, the
headmaster thinks that 6 computers isn't enough for all
40 faculty to enter the grades and wants the new
interface to work on people's laptops and on the
network.  I thought a little cgi would be the easiest
way to do this, but that won't work if I have to have it
run independantly on people's home computers.

Any ideas on how to solve this?  Perl/TK, Python/TK,
Java, Oracle 8i light -- any other ideas?  The worse
part is how will I handle spell checking on the variety
of platforms?  (It will need to run on Macs and Windows
of many various ages).

Thanks for your ideas.

Bill
TASIS (The American School In Switzerland)
Lugano-Montagnola, Switzerland
<http://www.tasis.ch/>