[seul-edu] doc standard instead of Software standard?

The biggest fear people have at this school seems to be
changing word processors and spreadsheets (to a lesser
extend also moving away from Access).

I was wondering if anybody has tried standardizing the
format that one saves documents in.  For example using
RTF so that any word processor can use it.

Ideas on how to impliment (and convert to) a document
standard will help me deploy Linux boxes much more
easily.  And will simplify many of our school's document
incompatibility problems.

Thanks,

Bill
TASIS (The American School In Switzerland)
Lugano-Montagnola, Switzerland
<http://www.tasis.ch/>