Re: [seul-edu] doc standard instead of Software standard?

Thanks for the ideas.

One hard part is convincing the admin that it is a
security risk they need to be concerned with.  How did
you folks learn -- the hardway I suppose?

How did you handle training everyone to save using the
other formats?  As many times as I show people, they
just seem to have a hardtime doing something that isn't
default.  (That's one reason I am in favor of requiring
a non-proprietary default save -- the other is we have
some problems with incompatible versions -- that can't
be converted.  Old MS Works that word doesn't seem to
like and old word 5 files that can't be read on certain
platforms if they contain equations and some other
objects -- even by new word products (well it actually
depends on the platform).

I kind of like the HTML idea, it allows pictures and
many other features including tables and soon equations
-- however, it is an evolving standard -- can you think
of any tags that aren't backwardly compatible?

Bill
TASIS (The American School In Switzerland)
Lugano-Montagnola, Switzerland
<http://www.tasis.ch/>