Re: [seul-edu] TINY install report

Hello Chris,

CE> Odile,

CE> I'd like to report on a Tiny installation I started this week end.

CE> Chris.

i would like to shift to a linux platform, and i will be glad to have
some tips from you; i have similar hardware, compaq contura 410, 12M
RAM and 260M HD, no cdrom drive but modem and PCMCIA lan card. How i
can install linux from a cdrom of the lan? and wich kind of software i
can install on 260M? i need opera as browser, the bat as mail client,
a word processor and a spreadsheet, acrobat reader and one unzipper,
if is possible also a database and a program of project planning (look-like ms project 98 or
primavera PPP). Do you think the place is enough? In win95 i did it,
linux should be less memory eater.

Best regards,
 Angelo                            mailto:angelo@bcc.com.uz