Re: [seul-edu] Re: perl or......

"S. Barret Dolph" wrote:

> I came across something someone did on the
> web...ttp://www.totempole.net/guttenberg/index.html for showing the
> frequency of word use. The author is willing to let us have the code
> if anyone can help write up how to use it.

I looked at this and it appears that this is a whole-word analysis
rather than a word-root analysis.  Can the software also do word-root
stuff as you asked about?  What language is the code written in?  Will
it run on Linux?

If no one here is available to work on this and you still want to,
Barret, I'll see if I can find some linguistic or literary Linux
projects that might take a shot at it.

--
Doug Loss                 God is a comedian playing
Data Network Coordinator  to an audience too afraid