Re: [seul-edu] Forming a Coalition: Jason's tasks revisited

From David M. Bucknell, Tue Nov 27, at  8:26:
 .*Provide software resources for use in education
 .*Provide tutorials and help information for teachers and administrators
 .*Involve the community to provide support
 .*Advocate the use of free software in schools
 .*Develop courseware to be used by teachers
 .*Allow each individual initiative (SEUL, OFSET, etc.) to share their
 .resources
 .*Provide a single place for teachers/administrators to give input into
 .development
 .Please add to the list and expand the ideas with your own.

* Provide indications about required/useful yet missing applications
* Provide directions for important software projects
  (i think this function could be in carried on if a collaboration with
   some reaserch center in universities could be established)

 .
 .Of course we also need a catchy name. How about FEC (Free Education
 .Coalition) or OSEC (Open Source in Education Coalition)? As you can see I'm
 .not being to creative here.

Open Source in Education and Teaching:   OSET  or OSinET

Paolo