[seul-edu] Advice on Linux servers

In line with the thread about Microsoft trying to get rid of Linux servers:
About 2 months ago the N.O. public school system's servers caught the NIMDA
virus. (The virus prevention software was onsite but had never been
installed.) After everything was all cleaned off, the login procedure was
modified so that any Windows computer logging into the N.O. system
(subdivided into 5 domains) automatically goes through a script that runs
the "Panda" antivirus program. <rant>What a piece of junk! Machines that
used to connect OK now run at a crawl because Panda demands so much of their
resources.</rant>
    My classroom is unique in that, as far as I know, it is the only one in
the school district running Linux. I connect through a freesco router. I
don't know why the system doesn't try to make me run the Panda program, but
my classroom is able to connect just fine. Anyway, the servers are set up so
that anybody logging in with any
version of Windows has to run Panda. The powers that be have decided that it
must be so. If we had Linux servers, could they be programmed to force the
clients to go through the Panda stuff?
Thanks,
Dave Prentice
prentice@instruction.com