Re: [seul-edu] Managing the coalition--responsibilities

On Wed, Dec 05, 2001 at 06:05:03PM +0000, Doug Loss wrote:
> Perhaps it could be better defined, but I think it's important that
> member groups take part in communications with similar groups.  If you
> let people organize and talk among themselves, some groups will do just
> fine because there will be one or two "sparkplugs" who take it upon
> themselves to get things going, while others will never start talking.

We already have a sparkplug required by putting an individual from each
member group onto the 'schoolforge illuminati' list.

I meant separate mailing lists for advocacy, for curriculum, etc.

At least in the beginning, we don't want to try splitting seul-edu into
a dozen different groups. We've tried that before, and fortunately it
didn't kill the whole thing (it simply didn't catch on, which is ok too).

> Setting up mailing lists is easy and has very little cost in resources.
> If they don't get used, too bad.  But having them going in is a big
> benefit, not an added layer of bureaucracy.  And having at least one
> group member subscribed to the mailing list as a condition of group
> membership doesn't strike me as majorly bureaucratic either.

Ok. I guess I'm ok with that.

--Roger