RE: [seul-edu] Making Linux look harder than it needs to be

If the creation and evolution of Linux (whatever Linux is, kernel, distro
or GUI's ) was a surprised, the future trends and evolution of Linux is
simply unpredictable, there're some dozen of distros but at the same time a
couple of distros are concentrating all the horsepower (Red Hat-Mandrake,
Debian).
There're lots of way of interacting with the computer , simple text
consoles, old X windows manager, fancy impresive desktops (KDE, Gnome ),...

A think the real force of "Linux" is not about being a monolyth.