Re: [seul-edu] Third draft of letter of invitation

On Wed, 12 Dec 2001, Doug Loss wrote:

> Here's a third draft of the letter of invitation.  I think it's

My feedback below:

> other academic institutions. We at SEUL/edu have noticed your
> efforts to further the use of Linux, free software in general, and
> other free resources in education.  By "free" we mean of course open

Get rid of "of course".

> for everyone to inspect and modify to suit his or her needs as well
> as available at little or no cost.  We are members of groups with

Also, in many cases, the modified resource can be redistributed (shared
with others).

I think that is an important point to make; especially since many teachers
already have free materials they can modify and reuse for their classes --
but they can't modify and then share with fellow teachers.

Maybe you should list what categories or examples of "resources", like
worksheets, templates, etc.

> and RedHat.  We'd like to invite you to join the
> coalition and help us advance our shared goals of providing free
> resources to our schools.  To join Schoolforge, just reply to this

I am missing the point: why join?

I see it benefits you ("help *us* advance"). How does it benefit the
reader?

   Jeremy C. Reed
   http://www.reedmedia.net/