Re: [seul-edu] very rough draft of "about schoolforge"

This tone and content is appropriate and well-presented.  My initial
reactions were comfort and agreement and approval.  I liked it!

I wasn't as settled about the last paragraph or two --  references to US vs
MS were accurate but somehow were more specific and time-dependent and
hopefully temporary. It seemed to rationalize the creation/existence of
Schoolforge as a response to the Microsoft threat rather than a vehicle or
presence for realizing ideals and effectiveness of free and open source
resources of every sort.

At this point I don't have any better wording to put up, so I should
probably shut up (but certainly after casting my vote of approval).

John Munro

At 01:26 AM 12/14/01 -0500, David Bucknell  wrote:

>Let me know if you don't like this type of angle. I'm in a hurry and will
>rework it and expand/finish it based on comments before re-presetning it.
>
>David
>==
>About Schoolforge Network
>
>What is Schoolforge? Schoolforge is a foundry. It is where you will find
>the information, the tools and materials you need to "forge" or make a
>school and all its parts. All free for the asking (or download), and, in
>the future, international in content and character, schoolforge is not a
>place or an organization, but a cause, and a collection of people and
>projects dedicated to it: bringing quality, affordable and dependable
>software and teaching materials to the people who need them around the
>world. As such, it is not a "service" so much as
>it is a community focal point, which, as much as anything else, represents
>an opportunity to get involved in one of its aspects.

remainder snipped