Re: [seul-edu] People Resource Fields

On Friday 21 December 2001 09:55, Doug Loss wrote:
> Les Richardson wrote:
> > If one is building a database to track our most
> > valuable resource... people, what fields do we need? My
> > list so far is: 1) Salutation (Mr., Ms., Sr., etc.)
> > 2) First Name
> > 3) Last Name
> > 4) Email
> > 5) Skills
> > 6) Help Interests - areas in which help can be given.
> > 7) Country - ISO Code
> > 8) Location - City, etc.
> > 9) Timestamp - (date of initial record entry/last
> > update) 10) Project Memberships - xml fields of
> > projects. 11) Availability - date that person is
> > available to help out.
> >
> > What else?
>
> Distance they're willing to travel, amount of time per
> week available for help, affiliation with LUGs or other
> groups that could provide further support.  Off the top
> of my head.  Bill Ries-Knight, this looks like a redesign
> of LENPP; what would you like to see added?

Here is what was an early version of LENPP
http://www.slip.net/~brk2/lenpp.html

I have a box ready to go, But I have not had time to
develop a database and front end.  I gave up programming ~
10 years ago, an have not yet gotten my brains up to speed
so I keep failing to make it work.  (I need a good course
to refresh me and get me up to speed.)  If Les can make
this work, he can have it as his baby.  I can host it here
on Pilot where DNS should be pointing now for
http://www.linuxhelpers.org

>>Les added these items

>>12) Time Available - hours/wk to devote to project.
>>13) Group Affilication - any user groups that person
>>belongs to. (i.e.Linux User Groups, etc.)

>>What else?

>>  However, I don't want this to get too big, otherwise,
who's going to  fill it in?

Les Richardson

I think my format was ok, the big issue I had was
noteriety... Nobody asked to be added to the list

I'll be more alive after the Cipro does it's job and keeps
me out of the hospital.

Bill