[seul-edu] LITC happenings

Hey everyone,

	Its been a while since I have made a post to this list. I have been
extremely busy with other obligations. However, I have decided to get of
my lazy bottom and get to work on LITC again. I have restarted the
weblog of all things open source and education related at
http://www.thestuph.com/litc/blog/. I am looking for people willing to
help post to the log on a regular (like Daily) basis. Pretty much
anything related to computing and education, and preferably open source
computing and schools can be posted to the weblog. Think of it as a
daily updated Linux in Education report :). It failed in the past to get
enough people to post on a daily basis, so it never really got started.
Im hoping with all the new people  I see talking on the list, we have
some people with a few minutes free each day to post the days happenings
and any interesting links on the website.
	The website is maintained using Blogger, so its very simple for anyone
interested to post. No html code to modify,  no files to upload. Just
fill out a form, and press publish :) If people are interested please
email me.
	On another note, I will probably be changing the name of the project in
favor of one that more accurately represents the goals of the project.
The focus is not just on Linux, but on Open Source as a whole, so I am
thinking something along the lines of Open Classroom, or Open Source In
The Classroom. Any ideas, feel free to pass them along.
	About schoolforge, I would like to join the coalition as a member. :)
It have browsed the site today, and it sounds great.
	On another note, the project I had been trying to get going in the past
involving the volunteer database. I have seen some movement on the list
in the last week or so on exactly that matter. Im looking for something
like the Linux Helpers page, dynamically updated. Some simple php/mysql
should do. Who is working on that? Possibly a map of the US, so people
seeking help can just click their state and get a list of people in
their state (seperated by City) willing to help.  I do not want to
duplicate any efforts, as their are plenty of other things that can be
done.
	On an ending note, I would like to thank everyone in Seul and other
projects devoted to the advocacy of open source in education. You guys
have done a great job thus far. Since I started LITC about 5 years ago,
I felt like I was alone in my (our) cause. This has since changed, and
the growth of people interested in our cause has been tremendous. I have
seen lots of movement this year. I have been lax on my involvement over
the last year, but help to show my support and presence in 2002. Thanks
to everyone else, who unlike me, is not a slacker :)

Jeff Knox
Linux In The Classroom