Re: [seul-edu] Schoolforge organization--membership

> Groups in the coalition would need to be active, defined as having
> their website/CVS/documents/whatever-their-primary-project-is
> updated at least once every X months, where X is a number agreed on
> by the coalition (I'd think 3-6).  Groups not meeting that
> requirement would be declared inactive members, with no vote in
> coalition management (I'll get to that later) until they do begin
> updating things again.  After a similar period as inactive members,
> groups would be removed from the coalition.

I cant agree to this part enough, lots of people (and groups) have joined in
the development of BlueEDU but most of them sit there and really don't take
part nor help. This is in a way the same as the coalition, where members
should not be allowed to sit around with there hands under there rump there
should be active development, or what ever else there coalition membership
is for. This way we have no dead projects, and we actually do further the
advancement of Linux in education. If we have a number of dead projects then
we don't help get educators the information they are looking for by coming
to the coalition web site.

Matt Jezorek
BlueEDU
http://www.bluelinux.org