Re: API for Edu-Quizzers

On Sat, 6 Feb 1999 12:29:57 -0800, Bruno Vernier <vernier@vc.bc.ca> wrote:

> I've been productive!
>
> Here is a proposal for an API (a list of recipes for doing Quiz items):
> (Like any active teacher, I stole these ideas from various sources.)
> What I like about this proposal is that it fits nicely in EDUML inside <rpc>
> elements and the recipes are translated into any language in <SCRIPT>
> elements below.  This is relatively readable and easy to edit because I use
> a standard API format instead of XML elements for the recipes.
>[...]
> If you have read this far, and would like to help build an Open Source Open
> Content Test-bank/Courseware system, please send comments or recipes or
> translate the API into your favorite language.

Bruno, we stand in awe.  It seems to me that you've set out a clear path to designing courseware programs very simply and powerfully.  Roman, Odile, Barret, Bill, Tim, everyone else, how dows it look to you?  If the quizzers built using Bruno's schema keep track of students' performance (in the appropriate EDUML format), could our gradebook developers look at automatically incorporating those results into their gradebooks?  Bradley, Justin, Matt, what do you think?

Doug Loss            Democracy substitutes election by the
dloss@csrlink.net    incompetent many for appointment by
(717) 326-3987       the corrupt few.
                        George Bernard Shaw