Linux und Schulen

I just saw this on LinuxToday:

SuSE GmbH and Linux.de help schools onto the Internet
 Feb 10th, 12:16:31

SuSE to give SuSE 6.0 to first 1000 schools that register on Linux.de.

Announced February 9 on the Linux.de Web site, SuSE GmbH and Linux.de
will jumpstart connecting German
schools to the Internet by giving away the full SuSE 6.0 Linux
distribution to the first 1000 school that register at the
Linux.de Web site.

Linux.de is a popular German language Linux daily news site.

SuSE GmbH is a major Linux distribution maker and packager of software
products for use on Linux.

Me again.  I assume that the low traffic on this mailing list of late is
because we're all busily working on our Linux in education efforts while
we're pondering just how to best use Bruno's work on EDUML.  Right?

Eric Sandeen and Tim Wilson, whatever became of your statement of needs
for a gradebook program?  We were looking forward to hearing just what
features teachers' most want from such programs.  And Tim, what about
the seating planner program concept?  If we can get a fairly detailed
needs and desires list for such a program we might be able to interest
someone in having a go at it.

I'm not picking on these two specifically, folks.  If you've taken a
project, or a piece of one, to heart let us know how you're coming with
it!  And if you're stalled, let us know that too; maybe we can help you
get moving again.

--
Doug Loss                 A life spent making mistakes is not only
Data Network Coordinator  more honorable, but more useful than a