Re: Linux und Schulen

I think this is a COOL notion (age giveaway?)... That a MAJOR vendor would support schools this way.  Would we want to suggest the same for other regions to  "local" vendors?

2  Items...

First... I just received an email from some folks in Australia looking for a pre assembled collection/archive of educational software they could distribute.  I referred them back to my MEAGER page of links.  Can someone offer a useful link to such an archive?

Second....  There have been only 2 requests for posting to my Educational Needs Posting Pages.... http://www.slip.net/~brk/linuxedpp.htm
I need more traffic but am not skilled at advertising...(HINT, HINT, HINT).

Thanks all
Bill

Doug Loss wrote:

I just saw this on LinuxToday:

SuSE GmbH and Linux.de help schools onto the Internet
 Feb 10th, 12:16:31

SuSE to give SuSE 6.0 to first 1000 schools that register on Linux.de.

Announced February 9 on the Linux.de Web site, SuSE GmbH and Linux.de
will jumpstart connecting German
schools to the Internet by giving away the full SuSE 6.0 Linux
distribution to the first 1000 school that register at the
Linux.de Web site.

--
Today is the beginning of all time.
Today is the end of all time.