[seul-edu] Re: Dr Genius 0.5.5 release

On Fri, Feb 04, 2000 at 01:39:26PM +0100, Laurent Gauthier wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 04, 2000 at 10:19:45AM +0800, Hilaire Fernandes wrote:
> > Dr Genius 0.5.5 release at http://drgenius.seul.org
> >
> > Change log there: http://drgenius.seul.org/log.html
> >
> > Happy Chinese New Year!
> >

> Wow!  I like that...

[...snip...]

> I've now problems at link time, still with the canvas part.  I'll try to solve
> them later.  I guess that some of these problems may be due to the version of the
> compiler I'm using (2.7.2.3).
>
> I'll keep you informed of my progress...

It turns out that all the problems I had with building the canvas code
were resolved by installing a "recent" version of the C++ compiler (i.e.
not 2.7.x).  Hilaire could you make this clear on one of the WEB pages
for Dr. Genius?

Maybe this could be checked by configure...

Hilaire I'm impressed by the new macro dialogs, it's really cute, and very
usable!  And generally I find the application very easy to use!  I hope to
able to implement printing support in the near future :-),  I'm actually
reading some docs about Postscript.  And after that I'll consider using
libart for the drawings, this would absolutely rock!

Also expect some bug reports from me in GNOME bug system.

Bye, Laurent.
--
Laurent Gauthier                         ;; mailto:Laurent.Gauthier@alcatel.fr
Alcatel -- Network Management Unit -- Support Team ;; Voice: +33 1 69-63-17-74