Re: [seul-edu] Consolidated gradebook effort

On Tue, 8 Feb 2000, Eric Sandeen wrote:

> Regarding Python, I'm reluctant to add another unknown to the equation
> (for me, anyway... I'm just gaining C proficiency, and learning another
> language sounds daunting...) but that would certainly be an option.
> However, I think this could be done in such a way that a C/GTK program
> could be ported to Windows with little trouble.  GTK 1.3 has native
> Win32 support, and there are snapshots available.

Eric,

I realize that you've moved a bit down the path with your project, but I'd
like to second the motion that you have a look at Python. It really is an
elegant language. The Python authors have made playing nice with XML a
priority, the object-oriented design is quite well done, and an additional
cool thing is that you could presumably integrate your product more
easily with a Zope-powered Web site.

Have a look around at http://www.python.org/ and specifically, you might
try the tutorial at http://www.python.org/doc/current/tut/tut.html

-Tim

--
Tim Wilson        | Visit Sibley online:         | Check out:
Henry Sibley H.S. | http://www.isd197.k12.mn.us/ | http://www.zope.org/