Re: [seul-edu] CD Server

On Mon, 14 Feb 2000, Dan Yonker wrote:

> Has anyone set up a linux box to serve multiple cd roms to users?  I am
We have had a Linux running of P-75 with 64 MB serving 56 CD-readders off
two dual SCSI Adaptec 3940, several Samba mounted shares over the
internet, 12 more CD mounted over NFS from a Digital Unix system with two
Pionneer DRM CD changers, since 1997 to a community of more than 3000
users.
Before that I made an experiment in 1993 with an Slackware, kernel
1.0.8, 486SX 32 Mb, that was my X-workstation and NFS server of 5 CDs off
an early Pionneer DRM-604X and printer server via lpd to a community of 25
PCs. Up to my knowledge, it was still in service in 1997.

Hope this helps.