Re: [seul-edu] [Fwd: Debian-kids goals (draft)]: cartoon characters

Doug Loss wrote:

> I think we need to think about what we would like this comic strip to do
> before we can pick what characters should be in it.  If we get someone
> to draw it we should be able to have any characters we want (other than
> copyrighted, unlicensed characters).  I'm thinking we might call such a
> strip, "Wide Open World" and have as characters Tux, the GNU, the SuSE
> lizard (chameleon?), the daemon, Mozilla (the character, not the
> browser), and whatever the KDE mascot is.  Is there an official GNOME
> gnome?  I don't recall seeing one.

If we try to manufacture a "kid cartoon" we will probabely create
something that us adults think is wonderfull and that kids just
completely ignore. Remember most cartoons/kids stuff evolves
from a completely spontaneous idea and then warped into an idea
and storyline that for some reason kids like.

Art (which what this would be) is generally done very badly by
a comitee. while I think a 'open cartoon' is a very needed thing
I dont think anyone other than the artist and or creator should
have input in the begining. I think that what needs to be done
is encourage those with ideas to flush them out on thier own or
find 1 or 2 other people to help them develope the idea. Once
something is created we can put efforts into promoting it,
adapting it for edutainment titles and generally just encourage
those doing the creating.

Justin Zeilger(zqc@zqc.com)

spel checher still brokened