Re: [seul-edu] [Fwd: Debian-kids goals (draft)]: cartoon characters

It's complicated. For an overview, take a look at the copyright guidelines
of Project Gutenberg, at URL

        http://promo.net/pg/vol/pd.html

They also give this shorter mini-overview: "We cannot publish any texts
still in copyright. This generally means that our texts are taken from books
published pre-1923. (It's more complicated than that, as our Copyright Page
explains, but 1923 is a good first rule-of-thumb for the U.S.A.)"

For more detail, and for the international complications, we will need an
attorney's guidence (I am not one).

Palo Alto, CA           	 	         ray@comarre.com