[seul-edu] Update: Montreal - Booth, Server, Participants

Just a quick update on the SEUL/edu presentation at the upcoming Montreal
conference taking place during April 10-12 2000.

So far, it looks like there are going to be at least two of us (myself and
Odile). Ideally, I would like to have 3-4 SEUL/edu people at this
conference, so that we can have people at the booth as well as milling
about. Montreal is actually quite close to the US boarder, so those of you
in the North-Eastern States are remarkably nearby. Please let me know if
you're interested, even if getting there may be difficult financially.

I'll know more about the particulars (booth space, net connection, etc)
tomorrow when I call them. In the meanwhile, we have been accepted to give a
45 minute talk as part of the Linux in Education track, and Doug and I have
been working out some of the details on the slide show we'll be presenting
in Montreal and later on in Toronto.

Oh, here's a nice wrinkle: It looks like we may have access to a dual P3
server to show off how well X-terminals can work over a network. I'd love to
set up an impressive demo of SEUL/edu apps over a network, this would be a
great way to show just how effective Linux can be for using the older
hardware endemic to many schools...

Cheers,

Pete

--