[seul-edu] Educational binaries and binary directory

Two separate but related topics here.  We talked a bit about getting
binaries of educational software (ours and others) created and put in a
repository where people could easily pick them up.  Debian Jr. and
Mandrake both showed some interest in the idea.  At this point we should
decide just what things should be part of this packaging party.
Obviously, we should eventually try to get everything done, but what
bits should we go after first?  Opinions, anyone?

I liked Ben Armstrong's idea of a listing of software showing what
packages are available for each application.  Jeff Covey, it looks to me
as though Freshmeat already has this info for each  package in the
database.  Would it be possible to create a view of your entries that
showed title, RPM, DEB, tgz, homepage, and short description in a table
with blanks wherever such fields don't exist in the record?  That would
seem easier than creating an entirely new database for such things.  The
rpmfind database and Debian's equivalent don't quite cover this, as this
shows all the package types available for each app rather than showing
all the apps for each package type.

--
Doug Loss                 Even if you're on the right track,
Data Network Coordinator  you'll get run over if you just