[seul-edu] Fw: Imagineering visit? :)

Hristo,

   Since I'm forwarding this to the seul-edu mailing list (it
only accepts mail from subscribed addresses, so the original
only reached me; note to everyone--if the address you send
messages from is different than the one you subscribed to
seul-edu with, your messages to the mailing list will bounce to
me.  I'll forward them to the list, but it's better if your
messages go there properly), I've quoted the entire message.
The planned visit to Disney Imagineering was from quite a while
ago (a year?), and never came about.  Ray (the fellow who was
going to represent us in the meeting) can perhaps give more
details on why that was than I can remember.  If they're still
interested in meeting with us and are still planning on making
Squeak and its interface (Morph?) usable for everyone from
kindergarteners to research scientists, we'd still like to talk
to them.  There's a definite lack of "authoring tools" that
non-programmer educators can use to develop their own courseware
apps.

   Given the lack of news on Squeak since our abortive meeting,
I thought that the project has been in the doldrums, at least,
and possibly moribund.  I'd be happy to hear different.  If you
have any contacts with Imagineering, go for it!

--
Doug Loss           The art of medicine consists of amusing the
dloss@suscom.net    patient while nature cures the disease.