Re: [seul-edu] Introduction

On Thu, 1 Feb 2001, Michael Hall wrote:

> My name is Michael Hall and I am an ESL (English as a Second
> Language)
> teacher at Larapinta Primary School in Alice Springs in
> Central Australia.

Welcome Michael!  glad to have you aboard!

> I'm interested in:
>
> * web applications that make a teacher's daily life easier
> (paperless office type apps)

We need to know the type of apps you're looking for (to use or
to create).  Some may already be available or easily modifiable
from existing programs; others may need creation.

> * web apps that encourage open ended, collaborative
> investigative learning
> (eg building a website on a given topic, with peer review of
> texts,
> forum discussion, etc, etc).

I know some of these exist.  Folks, can some of you point
Michael to apps you've heard of or used for this sort of thing?

> If anything here strikes a chord with others on the list, by
> all
> means contact me if I can help with an existing project or
> perhaps we
> could start something new. I'm happy to be involved with
> coding, testing,
> and/or documentation.

There's an offer!  If no one approaches you for help Michael,
let me know and I'll find something for you to do, never fear.

--
Doug Loss           The art of medicine consists of amusing the
dloss@suscom.net    patient while nature cures the disease.