Re: [seul-edu] ISO Phase 3: OpenWebSchool

Darryl Palmer wrote:
OpenWebSchool currently has a debian package named openwebschool_20010916-1_all.deb, but it currently installs everything to /usr/share/doc/openwebschool (it is web based) and does not state that it is necessary to configure the web server or have a configuration script to configure standard web servers for you. Is this acceptable? I
> couldn't figure out how to use the deb package myself, I had to use
> dpkg -L and track down all the little files.
I couldn?t figure out how to use the deb package myself, I had to use
It sounds like we should talk this over with the maintainer of the package. I'd like everything we package to meet the FHS unless there's a good reason not to. If he's interested in helping us promote his application, he ought to be amenable to our suggestions.

--
If this helped you please take the time to rate the value
of this post; just click on the Affero link below.

http://svcs.affero.net/rm.php?r=drloss

Doug Loss Courage is resistance to
Data Network Coordinator fear, mastery of fear --
Bloomsburg University not absence of fear.
dloss@bloomu.edu Mark Twain