[seul-edu] Re: ISO Phase 3

On Mon, Feb 17, 2003 at 10:19:59AM -0500, Doug Loss wrote:
> Debian for sure.  Rather than RedHat, I'd like our RPMs to be
> applicable to all RPM-based distros (which is why I've been
> pushing FHS compliance).

Well, considerable amount of these are found in ALT Linux distros
(http://altlinux.org/?module=sisyphus), with more following.

> Slackware is sort of the odd man out in this group--we've
> included it for completeness's sake, but I wonder how much

Yup.  I'd better look to say Gentoo which seems to have better
handling of being source-based (which seems to be better yet than
being tgz-based).

> these packages will actually get used.  Still, if making them
> isn't a big added effort we ought to do so.

There Ain't No Such Thing As Small Enough Effort -- if anyone's
interested, they step in and do that, naturally :-)

> I think we should look at how Mandrake does it's menus, as they

...do it by Debian way (and so do we do).

> It'd be nice to hear that what we do runs on ELX, Alt,

Wow, thanks :-)

PS: we're rolling out ALT Linux Master 2.2 right now, it is 9CD
set with enough multimedia and educational apps onboard.
Hopefully actual package list and press release will follow in a
week.

PPS: does anyone know what happens to AGNULA?  Seems very odd 8-|

--
 ---- WBR, Michael Shigorin <mike@altlinux.ru>