Re: educational programs

Wil writes:
>I am maintaining several seul-edu related lists on the web site.  Until I
>work out the snags with automation of the list processing, I'm manually
>updating each of them.

>All lists except the project list are open to all.  It would be especially
>helpful to flesh out the software pointers list.

snip

>The pointer list (http://www.seul.org/edu/edu-software.html) is a list of
>pointers to software that would be useful to educators.

snip

Dan writes:
>Here are a few other educational programs that I've run across.

>Solar Atlas, which is a program that helps visualize solar spectra
>(perhaps for a high school astronomy/physics class):
>www.physics.unc.edu/~serge/satlas/

>Quotes: a Foreign currency & stock portfolio monitor
>(for a social studies or business class)
>Home page: http://www.iae.nl/users/grimaldo/OpenSoft/
>Download : ftp://ftp.iae.nl/pub/users/grimaldo/quotes-1.1-0.tar.gz

I tried to pull all the relavant pieces together. Roger, as I remember, you
felt that someone ought to search out and categorize all the educational
software for Linux. I agree that this should be worthwhile. However I don't
seem to see an interest from the teachers. Perhaps we not doing something
right. Any comments or suggestions. Another group that's interested in
educational software is parents that have a Linux system at home and want
software for their children to use at home. I have some information on
educational games that was produced by a thread on another list. I'll try to
put it together tomorrow. Anyway that's my thoughts.

1999 The Year Of Linux
Make It Happen

Bob