Re: Linux article

Tim Wilson wrote:

> So far I haven't had any problems with the kids using Linux. I use IceWM
> and its Win95 theme so most kids know what to do without any trouble. I
> need to do some more work to lock down the 'student' account so that they
> can't screw something up. I'm using a generic 'student' login because I
> don't want to administer hundreds of passwords.
>
> I've learned a lot in this whole process--especially considering that I
> installed Linux for the first time in March 1998. I have high hopes that
> we'll be able to use this lab and our network very productively here.

Could you write up your experiences and what you'd do differently now,
along with any thoughts you might have for others interested in
following in your footsteps?  This sounds like a natural for Bill
Tihen's idea of educational HOWTOs.  Bill, is there anything on that
front to tell us about?  Do you have any specific areas or ideas that
you might want some of us to try to write up?

--
Doug Loss                 A life spent making mistakes is not only
Data Network Coordinator  more honorable, but more useful than a